Windows 10 allows you to set up the user account login password in multiple ways. You can secure your computer by setting up the login credentials like Password, PIN or a Picture Password. You will get an option to enter any one of these options at the login screen. In this article, we will explain in detail about how to setup user account Password, PIN and a picture password to a user account.
Windows 10 made it easier with simple options to set up the User Account login password with simple steps. You can also refer this article to change the Password, PIN or a Picture Password on your Windows 10 computers. If you set up a Microsoft Account to your Windows 10 computers, there will not be an option to enter the PIN or the Password.
If you are not aware of how to setup the login credentials on your Windows 10 computers, you can go through this guide.
How to Setup Windows 10 sign-in options?
Refer the below step-by-step procedure to setup or change the Windows 10 login Password, PIN and the Picture Password.
Setup user account Password on Windows 10:
To set up or to change the login Password, refer the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on keyboard to open Settings Window.
- Click on Accounts.
3. On the left hand pane, click on Sign-in options. Click on Add button under the Password section.
4. Enter the password (give the hint if required) and click on Next.
5. It prompt the below screen. Click on Finish.
You can reboot your computer now and at the time of login, computer prompts to enter the password. If you wish to change the Password, you can go to the Sign-in options, click on Change option, and set up the new password.
Setup / change PIN on Windows 10:
To setup or change the PIN on your Windows 10 computer, refer the below steps.
- Navigate to Accounts option as guided in the above steps.
- On the left hand pane, click on Sign-in options. Click on Add button under the PIN section.
3. If you already setup a Password for your computer, it prompts to enter the Password. Enter the Password and click on OK.
4. A Window pops up to set up a PIN. Enter the PIN and click on OK.
5. You can see the below screen once the PIN is setup successfully.
Now, you can use the PIN to login to your user account. If you wish to change the PIN, you can click on Change option in the Settings and setup the new PIN.
Setup / change Picture Password on Windows 10:
To setup or change the Picture Password on your Windows 10 computers, refer the below steps.
- Navigate to Accounts sections as guided in the above steps.
- Click on Sign-in options on the left hand pane. Click on Add option under Picture Password section.
3. If you have setup a user account password, enter the password if prompted and click OK.
4. On the Picture password screen, click on Choose picture and select the picture.
5. Click on the option Use this picture.
6. Now you need to setup the gestures on the Picture. You can draw three gestures.
7. You need to confirm the gestures again.
8. Once the gestures are setup, you can see the Congratulations message as below.
9. In the Account section, under Picture Password, you can see the below screen.
If you wish to change the Picture Password or modify it, you can click on Change option and follow the on-screen instructions.
This is how you can set up the Password, PIN and the Picture Password in your Windows 10 computers. With this, you can keep all your data secured and not letting others to access your user account without your permission. If you need any further assistance, do comments below.