Netflix is one of the leading online video streaming companies. Users can subscribe and login to the Netflix account and watch the online videos. Previously, users can login to the Netflix account in the browsers. For the user convenience, Windows 10 has introduced a Netflix app that can be downloaded in Windows Store. Most of the users encountered an issue with Netflix app keeps freezing while trying to play videos.
As per our research, there are multiple factors causing this issue. This issue occurs when the Netflix server is down, you may also encounter this issue with the incorrect proxy settings on your computer and many more.
If you are facing the issue with Netflix app keeps freezing on your computer, this guide provides you the complete solution to fix the issue and get the Netflix app work properly.
How to fix Netflix app keeps freezing on Windows 10?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and check if the issue gets fix. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Check the Netflix server:
Before proceeding with any other steps, we suggest you to check if the Netflix server is down. If the Netflix server is down, you will not be able to login and browse the videos on your Netflix app. Therefore, if the server is down, troubleshooting the app might not help. Click on below link to check the Netflix server status.
If the report says, server is down, you need to wait for Netflix to overcome this issue. In other case, ifNetflix is up, you need to proceed with the further resolution steps.
If you see the above message, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Check if the date and time settings are correct:
If the time and date set in the computer are incorrect, you may encounter the issue with online streaming videos. Refer the below steps and make sure that time and date are set correctly.
- Press Windows logo + I key on your keyboard to open Settings window. Click on Time & Language.
2. Enable the option Set time automatically. It will set the time automatically as per your time zone.
3. To set the time manually, disable the option. Now, click on Change option.
4. You will now get the below screen. Please set the time and date manually and click on Change.
5. If you would like to change the Time Zone, you can click here and change it.
Close the Settings window, try launching the Netflix app and check if it works fine. If the issue with Netflix app keeps freezing remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Disable Proxy server from Internet options:
If the proxy server is enabled on the Internet settings, the Netflix app may not work properly. In order to fix this issue, you can try disabling the proxy server. To perform the same, refer the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window. Type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter to open Internet Options window.
2. Click on Connections window.
3. In the Connections tab, click on LAN settings.
4. Make sure that the option Use a proxy server for your LAN is unchecked. If it is checked, please uncheck it.
5. Click on Apply and then OK.
Now, check it the Netflix app works fine. If the issue remains same, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Update display drivers to fix Netflix app keeps freezing:
If the above troubleshooting steps did not help, you can try updating the display drivers on your computer. To perform the same, refer the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. It will open the Device Manager.
2. Expand display drivers, right click on the display driver and select the option Update driver.
3. Select the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
4. Computer will search for updates. If available, it will install them.
Close the Device Manager, reboot your computer and check if the Netflix app works fine. In most of the cases, this step fixed the issue and Netflix starts working fine. In case, if the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Perform Clean boot:
If some of the third-party applications installed on your computer interfering with the Netflix app, it may not work properly. In this case, we suggest you to perform clean boot of your computer and check if that helps. Performing the clean boot will let the computer boot with a set of minimal drivers and programs.
You can refer the below steps to perform clean boot on your computer.
Reboot your computer now and check if the Netflix app works fine. If the issue continues to be same, you can try reinstalling the Netflix app on your computer.
Reinstall Netflix app:
If none of the above troubleshooting steps work, you can try reinstalling the Netflix app on your computer. To perform the same, refer the below steps.
- Locate the Netflix app from the Start menu, right click on it and select Uninstall.
2. Now, open Windows Store, search for Netflix app and click on Install.
This should fix the issue with Netflix app keeps freezing and it starts working fine from now on.
I hope that the above troubleshooting steps helps you to fix the issue with Netflix apps keeps freezing. If you need any further assistance, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.