Everyone knows Windows 7 is the most popular Operating System. Most percentage of the Windows users love to use Windows 7 as it is a user friendly and has various useful features. When Windows 8 Operating System was released, several users upgraded to Windows 8, then to 8.1 and currently to Windows 10 operating System. However, there are number of users who likes Windows 7 and still they are using the same. There is a latest update that Microsoft stops Windows 7 support from 14 January 2020.
When we are moving on this latest technology with fascinating techniques, at some point of time, we need to say Goodbye to the old things. Similar thing happened with the Windows XP Operating System. On 8th of April, 2014, support for Windows XP ended by Microsoft. Microsoft announced that they will no longer provide security updates or technical support for Windows XP Operating System and suggested to upgrade it to latest OS. Now, its Windows 7 turn.
Lonnie_L, Microsoft Agent states:
Windows 7 support will end on January 14, 2020. After that, technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help protect your PC will no longer be available for the product. While you could continue to use your PC running Windows 7, without continued software and security updates, it will be at greater risk for viruses and malware. Microsoft strongly recommends that you move to a new PC running Windows 10 sometime before January 2020 to avoid a situation where you need service or support that is no longer available.
Reference from this link.
What happens if Microsoft stops Windows 7 Support?
When Microsoft stops Windows 7 support, there will not be any Windows and Security updates available for the computer resulting the heavy risk of the data and computer affecting with the virus and malware infections. Users need not worry. There is enough time to take the precautions to avoid such kind of issues.
Here are the things you need to:
- When Microsoft stops Windows 7 support, we recommend to you upgrade the Operating System to Windows 10.
- First, you need to purchase Windows 10 Operating System. You can refer the below link to get the Windows 10 pricing details.
3. Backup all your important data to any external drive to keep it safe.
4. Download Windows 10, make it bootable Flash Drive or a DVD, and upgrade the Operating System. You can download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool using the below link.
You need to perform clean installation in order to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Meanwhile, we strongly recommend to backup all your personal data and restore them back after upgrading to Windows 10.
Let us have a quick recap of Windows 7:
- Microsoft released Windows 7 on 22nd of October in the year 2009.
- It contains 32-bit and 64-bit processor architecture.
- Editions released in Windows 7 are Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate.
- Windows 7 released the major update like Service Pack1. There are few more important updates like Platform update, Disk cleanup Update, Windows Management Framework 5.0 and Convenience rollup update.
- Finally, Microsoft stops Windows 7 support from 14 January 2020.
So, windows users finally has to say Goodbye to Windows 7 Operating System. Say welcome the latest Windows 10 Operating System that has more advanced and security features. If you need more information on this discussion, do comments below.