When you try installing the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 in your computer, you might encounter the error saying, “Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup”. This error is seen in Windows 10/8/7 Operating System.
Windows users reported that, while trying to install Office in their computers, the setup last for long time and finally end up with the following error message. If you have tried some troubleshooting steps with no luck in the result, you are the right place.
Why MS Office error occurs during setup?
As per our research, when the Office setup file is unable to register a scheduled task, this error usually occurs. The issue occurs at OfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn folder inside the Office folder in Task Scheduler. Therefore, making necessary changes in the Task Scheduler helps you to fix this Office setup installation error.
How to fix Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup issue?
Quick Note: Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, we recommend you to create a System Restore point. If something goes wrong during the troubleshooting, you can restore your computer back to previous working state.
You can fix this Microsoft Office installation error in two different ways. You can follow any of the below resolution steps.
Step 1: Using Office Removal Tool and Task Scheduler.
Suppose, if any of the files related to previous Office version remained after removing it, the installation might get fail. Therefore, we need to make sure there are no old Office files available in the computer.
Uninstalling Microsoft Office from Programs and Features may not remove all the files completely from the computer. It is recommended to use the Office removal tool to completely uninstall Office from your computer. Refer the below link to completely uninstall Office from your computer.
After removing Office completely from your computer, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo, in the search box, type Task Scheduler. Right click on Task Scheduler and select the option Run as Administrator.
2. In the Task Scheduler, navigate to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Office.
3. Select the Office folder and in the right hand pane, select the option Delete Folder.
4. Close the Task Scheduler and reboot your computer.
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 should install fine now without any errors. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Step 2: Make changes in System Registry.
You can fix the Office issue by making few changes in the System Registry. You can follow the below resolution steps.
Quick Note: Following troubleshooting steps involve registry manipulation. If something goes wrong during troubleshooting, it may affect system adversely. We recommend you to perform a Registry backup before proceeding with the further troubleshooting steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window. Type regedit and click on OK to open Registry Editor.
2. On the left hand pane, navigate to the below location.
3. Right click on Office folder in the above-mentioned location and select the option Delete.
4. Click on YES when prompted.
5. Now, reboot your computer and try to install Office. It should work fine without any further errors.
Hope this guide helps you to fix the issue with the issue Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 encountered an error during setup. If you are facing issues with any other errors in Office, do comments below. We will provide you the required troubleshooting steps.