Windows Sandbox is the feature introduced to Windows Users with the Windows 10 V1903 update. This feature helps you to run untrusted or unknown programs in the isolation mode. It will not affect the files and the settings on the host computer. This guide helps you to learn how to use Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 computers.
Some people always use computers for testing purpose. In this case, they need to install some untrusted or the unknown programs on their computers. Sometimes, if the application causes any issues, it may lead to data loss or the System File corruption. Windows Sand box helps you to run these programs without affecting the host computer.
Windows Sandbox feature is not available in all the versions of the Windows 10 Operating System. However, it is available in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions. You also need to make a note of the minimum System Requirements.
Windows Sand box minimum system requirements are:
- Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise build 18305 or later.
- 64-bit Architecture.
- At least 4 GB of RAM and 1 GB of free disk space.
- Virtualization enabled in BIOS.
- At least 2 CPU cores.
How to use Windows Sandbox in Windows 10?
You can refer the below steps to start using the Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 computers.
- Search for Windows Sandbox in the search bar. Right click on Windows Sandbox and select the option Run as Administrator.
Note: If the Sandbox did not launch, it seems that the feature is not enabled on your computer. You can refer our guide to learn how to enable or disable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10 computers.
2. After launching the Sandbox, copy the exe file from the host computer and paste it in the Sandbox desktop. Then double click on the file, follow on-screen instructions and install the program on Windows Sand box.
3. If you have not downloaded the file yet, you can directly download the file in the Edge browser in Windows Sandbox.
4. After downloading the file, you can double click on it and install the program. To launch the program, search for the same in search bar in Sand box and click on program.
5. Internet works fine without any issues in this platform.
6. Make a note that, the programs that you install in the Sandbox does not show any impact on your host computer.
7. After using the program, you can close the Sandbox.
8. Remember that closing the Sandbox will delete the program and all its data from the Sandbox. Therefore, if you would like to use the program again, you will have to install it again in Sandbox. Any program or file that you downloaded during the session will be removed permanently.
9. For any reason, if you would like to come out of the Sandbox and use your Windows 10 computer, we suggest you to minimize the Sandbox window. After completing the work, you can just resume your work on it.
I hope that, this guide helps you to learn how to use Sandbox in Windows 10 computers. If you need any further assistance on this, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.