Google Chrome is a user-friendly browser that keeps on updating with new features frequently. The browser performance is fast and most of the Windows users like this browser. Sometimes, browser may not work properly or settings in the browser might get change without your knowledge. This is because of the third-party application installed in your computer. In such cases, you can reset Google Chrome browser to get it back to normal.
The process of resetting the Google Chrome browser is simple and easy. When you see additional extensions, toolbars or a different search engine, you can reset Google Chrome. It will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs or application.
How to reset Google Chrome browser?
Follow the below resolution steps to reset Google Chrome browser in your computer.
Performing the Google Chrome reset will not delete the saved bookmarks, history etc. However, we recommend you to backup the Chrome bookmarks before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- On the top right corner, click on three dots and select the option Settings.
3. Scroll down and click on Advanced option.
4. Locate Reset and clean up section and click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
5. It will pop up to Reset settings. Click on Reset settings.
6. Chrome browser settings will reset to original defaults now.
7. You can close and relaunch Chrome browser.
8. In the Reset and clean up section, click on Clean up computer option.
9. To find the harmful software installed in the computer, click on Find.
10. It will find the harmful software on your computer and remove them.
When some unwanted extensions added in the browser, if the homepage or search engine changes without your knowledge, you could reset Google Chrome browser. This allows you to get the Chrome browser back to normal. If you need any further assistance, do comments below.