In our previous articles, we have discussed about what is System Restore, how to create a Restore point in Windows 10 and how does it helps you in restoring the computer to previous state. Now, we will discuss about how to perform System Restore in Windows 10. The process is quite similar in all the versions of the Windows Operating System.
If your computer start working weird after the changes made by you and if you are not aware how to fix the issue, using the Restore probably helps a lot. System Restore on Windows computers allows you to roll back the computer to previous working state before the issue occurred.
How to perform System Restore in Windows 10, 8.1, 8 & 7?
Follow the below steps to perform System Restore in Windows computers.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard at the same time to open RUN window, type rstrui.exe in the box and hit enter.
2. It will open the System Restore Window as shown below.
3. Select the option Choose a different restore point and click on Next.
4. It will display all the available Restore points in the computer. If you cannot see the Restore points, just check the box Show more restore points.
5. Now, select the Restore point to which you wish to Restore your computer and click on Next.
6. After that, you need to confirm your Restore point. You can also scan for affected programs to know which programs are affected and can be restored back with the Restore point.
7. Once after that, click on Finish.
8. Now, you will get a pop up saying Once started, System Restore cannot be interrupted. Do you want to continue? Click on YES.
9. Restore process will begin now and the screen shows as below. It will take some time to complete.
10. After few minutes, system will reboot automatically and completes the Restore process. As soon as the computer booted back to desktop, you will get the confirmation message as below.
This is how you can restore your computer back to previous working state in Windows computers.