If your computer starts working weird and not working as expected. If most of the Windows features are not working, as it should. The easy way to get the computer into the right track is to perform system reset in your computer. System Reset helps you to reinstall Windows 10 and it prompts an option to keep your personal files or delete them. Performing System Reset will remove all the installed application, drivers and all the settings made.
System Refresh helps to reinstall Windows and keep your personal files and settings. Refresh also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Microsoft Store. in Windows 8.1, there was a separate option for Reset and Refresh. Reset this PC will do the same action in Windows 10 Operating System.
You can also perform the System Restore if the computer performance is too slow, if it is taking too long time to boot to desktop at the start-up. Not only the System Reset improves the System Performance, it also fix the issues with the drivers and some other application issues.
How to perform System Reset or Refresh in Windows 10?
As discussed above, System Reset will delete all the personal data and the installed application. Before proceeding with this, we recommend you to back up all the important data to an external drive although you will get the option to keep all the personal files.
Follow the below steps to perform System Reset on your Windows 10 computers.
- Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings window. If that does not work, you can click on Windows icon and select the Settings option.
2. Select Update & Security in the Settings window.
3. Click on Recovery option on the left panel.
4. It will show few options like Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build, Advanced Startup etc. Click on Get Started option under Reset this PC section.
5. Computer will prompt two options now. Keep my files and Remove everything. If you have already backed up the personal data to any external drive, select the option Remove Everything or else go with Keep my files option.
6. If you select the option Remove Everything, again you will get prompt with two options. Just remove my files and Remove files and clean the drive.
7. If you wish continue using the computer, you can select Just remove my files.
8. You will get a warning window with a message, click on Next.
9. Click on Reset when prompted.
10. System Reset process will begin now. If it prompts to Choose an option here, click on Continue.
System Reset process will take some time to complete. Once it is completed, you can continue using the computer without any issues. If you need any help, do comments below.