Sometimes, when you wish to change the computer or switch to a different browser, you also need to worry about the bookmarks. When you wish to change your browser and does not want to miss all your bookmarks, then you need to learn how to import and export chrome bookmarks.
Google Chrome allows you to export all the Chrome bookmarks into a separate file. It will be easy for you to import them to the Chrome or to a different browser with few simple steps. In this article, we are providing the step-by-step procedure to import and export chrome bookmarks.
Learn how to import and export Chrome bookmarks:
Export Chrome bookmarks:
Follow the below steps to export the bookmarks from the Chrome browser.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Click on three dots at the top right corner, click on Bookmarks and then click on Bookmark manager.
3. In the Bookmarks window, click on three dots button at top right corner and select the option Export bookmarks.
4. Select the location where you want to save the bookmarks file and click on Save button.
Bookmarks are successfully exported now and you can see the file in the selected location.
Import bookmarks to Chrome:
Follow the below steps to import bookmarks into the Chrome browser.
- Launch Chrome browser and click on three dots at the top right corner, click on Bookmarks and then click on Bookmark manager.
2. In the Bookmarks window, click on three dots button at top right corner and select the option Import bookmarks.
3. Locate the bookmark file where it is saved and click on Open.
All the bookmarks present in the file will be imported to the Google Chrome browser.
Bookmarks bar missing:
After importing the bookmarks, if you are not able to see the bookmarks bar at the top of the browser, bookmarks bar seems to be disabled in the browser. Refer the below steps to enable bookmarks bar in Chrome browser.
- Click on three dots at top right corner, select the option Bookmarks and click on the option Show bookmarks bar.
2. After enabling the bookmarks option, you can see all the bookmarks at the top of the browser.
The above simple steps let you to import and export Chrome bookmarks. You can export the bookmarks from one computer, transfer it to a different computer and import them to the Chrome browser. You can also import them to a different browser as well. If you need further assistance, do comments below.