Reliability monitor helps to view the stability history of your computer. It allows the user to identify the previous warnings as well as past critical and informational events. You can use reliability monitor to track the System Performance and the critical issues easily. Users reported, Reliability Monitor not working on their computers.
It will calculate all the Application failures, Windows failures, miscellaneous failures warnings information and gives you the system’s overall stability on a scale from 1 to 10. If you are facing the issue with Reliability Monitor not working on your computer, you can refer the below steps and get it work properly.
How to fix Reliability Monitor not working on Windows?
To fix the issue with Reliability Monitor not working on your computer, follow the below resolutions steps one by one and check if it works after each troubleshooting step. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Quick Note: Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, we recommend you to create a system restore point first. If something goes wrong during the troubleshooting, you can restore your computer back to previous working state.
Run SFC scan:
If some of the Windows System Files are damaged or corrupt, you may face the issue with Reliability monitor not working on your computer. You can run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix the damaged or corrupted files.
To run SFC scan, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + X keys on keyboard. Select the option Windows PowerShell (Admin).
2. One the elevated PowerShell screen, type SFC /SCANNOW and hit enter.
3. The scan will take some time to complete. Once it is completed, reboot your computer and check if the Reliability Monitor works fine.
If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter:
You can use the Windows in-built system maintenance troubleshooter to fix the issue with Reliability Monitor not working error. To run this in-built troubleshooter, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window, type control and hit enter. It will open the Control Panel.
- From the list, select the option Troubleshooting.
3. On the left hand side, click on the option View all.
4. Locate System Maintenance and click on that option.
5. It will open the System Maintenance window. Check mark the option Apply repairs automatically and click on Next.
6. It will start detecting the issues.
7. If it found any errors, it will fix them automatically.
After that, reboot your computer and check if the Reliability Monitor works fine. If the issue remains, you can continue with the further resolution steps.
Run DISM tool to fix Reliability Monitor not working issue:
If the System File Scanner does not help to fix the issue, alternatively you can try running the DISM tool to fix the issues with the damaged files. If the SFC scan does not help you to fix the issue with Reliability Monitor, you can try running the DISM tool. Refer the below link to perform the same.
Once it is done, reboot your computer and check if the Reliability Monitor works. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further steps.
Reset Reliability Monitor:
Resetting the Reliability Monitor helps, you to get it work properly. Some users reported, after resetting the Reliability Monitor, it started working fine. Suppose, if the Reliability Monitor is not opening in your computer, you can reset it using a batch file script.
Refer the below steps to perform the same.
- Open Notepad on your computer.
- Copy and Paste the below script in Notepad.
reg add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Reliability Analysis\WMI” /v WMIEnable /T REG_DWORD /D 1 /F
del /f /S /Q /A “%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\PublishedData\*”
del /f /S /Q /A “%ProgramData%\Microsoft\RAC\StateData\*”
FOR /F “tokens=1,2*” %%V IN (‘bcdedit’) DO SET adminTest=%%V
IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin
for /F “tokens=*” %%G in (‘wevtutil.exe el’) DO (call :do_clear “%%G”)
echo goto theEnd
echo clearing %1
wevtutil.exe cl %1
3. Now, save the file as batchfile.bat. Make sure that the file name ends with the .bat extension.
4. Right click on the batchfile now and select the option Run as Administrator.
Once it is completed, Reliability Monitor is reset and I hope that it should start working fine from now on. You can reboot your computer and check if the Reliability Monitor works fine or not.
If the above troubleshooting steps did not help, you can try performing the System Reset to reset the Windows settings to default.
I hope that, the above troubleshooting steps helps you to fix the issue with Reliability Monitor not working on Windows computers. If you need any further assistance, do comments below. We are happy to assist you better.