Bookmarks in a browser let the users to store the websites they use frequently and allow them to access with a single click. Sometimes, when you wish to change the browser you use or moving on to a different computer, you also need to learn how to move the bookmarks from one browser to a different one. In this guide, we will explain how to export and import bookmarks in Firefox browser.
You will have an option to export all the existing bookmarks to a HTML file and then if you are moving on to a new computer, simply install Firefox and import the HTML file to get all your bookmarks.
How to export and import bookmarks in Firefox browser?
Refer the below steps to learn how to export and import bookmarks in Firefox browser.
Export Firefox bookmarks:
To export bookmarks from Mozilla Firefox browser, refer the below steps.
- Launch Firefox browser, click on the four lines icon on the top right corner. Click on Bookmarks and select the option Show All Bookmarks.
2. On the Library window, click on Import and Backup then select Export Bookmarks to HTML.
3. Select the location where you wish to save the bookmarks, name it and click on Save.
You have successfully exported your Firefox bookmarks. If you wish to move the bookmarks to a different computer, move the backup bookmarks to any flash drive and connect it to a different computer. Then proceed with the below steps to import Firefox bookmarks.
Import Firefox bookmarks:
To import bookmarks to a Firefox browser, refer the below steps.
- Refer step 1 from the above step and launch the Bookmarks window.
2. Now, in the Library window, click on Import and Backup then select Import Bookmarks from HTML.
3. Locate the bookmarks file from the location they are saved and click on Open.
4. Close the window now. You will now be able to see all the bookmarks on your browser.
This is how you can import bookmarks from a different computer with simple steps.
I hope that, this guide helps you to export and import bookmarks in Firefox browser. If you need any further assistance, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.