Windows Sandbox is the latest feature introduced in Windows 10 computers. It helps Windows users to run untrusted applications in a virtual environment. This feature helps to run the untrusted application without affecting your main Operating System. This guide helps you to enable or disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 computers.
Windows Sandbox feature available from Windows 10 build 18305 or later. It is a lightweight desktop app available for Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise versions. Suppose, if you wish to install any untrusted or unknown application, you might be worried if it causes any issues to your Operating System or the personal data.
To overcome this issue, Microsoft has researched and developed Windows Sandbox. In our further articles, we will discuss how to use Windows Sandbox on Windows to computers. This guide helps you to enable or disable Sandbox feature in Windows 10 computers.
How to enable or disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 computers?
There are different ways you can enable or disable Sandbox on your computer. In this guide, we will provide all the ways to enable or disable the Windows Sandbox. You can choose any of these methods and proceed further.
Enable or disable Windows Sandbox from Control Panel:
You can enable or disable Windows Sandbox using the Control Panel. To perform the same, refer the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window. Type appwiz.cpl and click on OK to open the list of installed programs.
2. On your left hand side, click on the option Turn Windows Features on or off.
3. Scroll down and locate Windows Sandbox. Check mark the box and click on OK. It will take a while to enable the feature.
4. Next, computer will prompt for reboot. Reboot your computer. Windows Sandbox will be enable.
To disable the Sandbox feature, go to the same location and uncheck the Windows Sandbox. Then reboot your computer to complete the disable process.
Use PowerShell to enable or disable Windows Sandbox:
You can also enable or disable Windows Sandbox using the Windows PowerShell on your computer. To perform the same, refer the below steps.
- Press Windows logo + X keys on your keyboard and select the option Windows PowerShell (Admin).
2. On the elevated PowerShell screen, you can type the below commands to enable or disable the Sandbox feature.
To enable copy and paste the below command.
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature –FeatureName “Containers-DisposableClientVM” -All –Online
To disable copy and paste the below command.
Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature –FeatureName “Containers-DisposableClientVM” –Online
3. Once after executing the command, computer may prompt to reboot your computer. You can reboot your computer and start using the Windows sandbox.
You can also use Command Prompt tool to enable or disable Sandbox. To perform the same refer the below steps.
Turn ON or OFF Windows Sandbox using Command Prompt:
You can turn ON or turn OFF Windows Sandbox using the Command Prompt on your computer. To perform the same, refer the below steps.
- Launch Command Prompt with Admin permissions on your computer.
- On the elevated Command Prompt, you can use the below commands to enable or disable the Sandbox.
To enable, copy and paste the below command.
Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:”Containers-DisposableClientVM” –All
To disable, copy and paste the below command.
Dism /online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:”Containers-DisposableClientVM”
Computer may prompt to reboot the computer after performing the above tasks. You can reboot your computer, and start using the Windows sandbox. If you wish to disable the Sandbox, you can reboot your computer to complete the task.
I hope that, this guide provides you different ways to enable or disable Sandbox on your Windows 10 computers. If you need further information or any help regarding this, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.