Microsoft Outlook helps you to access your old emails even without the Internet connection. Using Microsoft Outlook, you can send and receive the emails. Add the attachments in the emails and send to different recipients. You also have a number of options that makes your email communication much easier. In this article, we will discuss how to configure IMAP email account in Outlook 2016.
Outlook 2016 comes with a very good user Interface and makes the end user to use it without anyone’s help. In order to use your email account in Outlook, you need to learn how to configure or setup the email account in it. There are a number of options to configure your email account in the Outlook. You can configure any email account like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook or any other private domain emails in Outlook.
In this article, we will show you the systematic procedure to configure an email account with the IMAP settings with the manual configuration steps.
How to configure IMAP email account in Outlook 2016?
If you are trying to set up your email account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for the first time, you can refer the below steps and perform the same.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook by clicking on the icon on the desktop. It prompts the Welcome Screen as below for the first time.
2. By clicking on Next, it gives you an option to Add an email account. Select the option Yes and click on Next.
3. To add the email settings manually, select the option Manual setup or additional server types and click on Next.
4. Here, select the option POP or IMAP and click Next.
5. On this screen, you need to enter all the details. Once done click on More Settings.
Note: If you are not aware of the email settings, you can call your email service provider and ask them for the email settings.
6. Click on Outgoing Server tab, tick mark the box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
7. Now, go to the Advanced Tab and enter all the incoming and outgoing port numbers. Once done, click on OK and click on Next in Account Settings window.
8. It will now test the account settings you entered.
9. If the email settings are correct, you will get the green tick marks as below.
10. You have successfully configured the email account now. Click on Finish.
With this, Outlook will launch and starts downloading the emails from the server. You can try sending the test email and see how it works.
I hope that this guide helps you to configure IMAP email account in Outlook 2016 with IMAP settings. If you need further help, do comments below. We are happy to assist you better.