The easy way to uninstall Office from your computer is going to Programs & Features, right clicking on Microsoft Office and select Uninstall. However, there are chances that, this uninstallation process will not completely remove Office from computer and leaves traces of the same at some place which you cannot identify.
If the Office not uninstalled properly from your computer, when you try installing it again, it may prompts some error. Microsoft provides the removal tool to completely uninstall Office from Windows.
How to use Office removal tool to Uninstall Microsoft Office?
To remove Microsoft Office from your computer, follow the below steps. First, we recommend you to uninstall Office from Programs and Features and then run the removal tool.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window, type appwiz.cpl and hit enter. It will open the Programs & Features window.
2. Search for Microsoft Office in the list, right click on it and select the option Uninstall.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions and uninstall office from computer.
4. Then download the Microsoft Office removal tool, double click on the downloaded file and RUN the application.
5. This removal tool should work for any version of Microsoft Office like Office 2007, Office 2010, Office 2013, Office 2016 and Office 365.
6. Launch removal tool and follow the on screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
7. Once it is completed, reboot your computer. Microsoft Office should be completely removed from your computer now.
It is easy to use the Microsoft Office removal tool to completely uninstall Office from your computer. If you are facing any issues while installing the latest version of Microsoft Office, then you can simply run this removal tool, reboot your computer and try installing Office. If you have any questions, do comments below.