Windows Users encountered an issue while browsing the Internet. When you try opening different web pages on your computer, you may encounter the issue with 500 Internal Privoxy error. Privoxy is a non-caching web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities for enhancing privacy, modifying web page data and HTTP headers.
It also enhances the controlling access, removing ads and other Internet junk files. Now, the error message while browsing the Internet appears as below.
500 Internal Privoxy Error
Privoxy encountered an error while processing your request:
Could not load template file no server data or one of its included components.
Please contact your proxy administrator.
This issue usually occurs due to the outdated drivers or the Internet proxy settings. If you are facing this issue on your computer, you can try following the below resolution steps and fix the issues easily.
How to fix 500 Internal Privoxy Error on Windows computers?
Follow the below resolution steps and check if the issue gets fix after each resolution step. If the issue remains, you can proceed with the further steps.
Update browsers to fix 500 Internal Privoxy error:
You may encounter the issue with 500 Internal Privoxy error on any browser. The browser support team will be aware of this issue and they usually releases its fix through the browser updates. Therefore, you can try updating the browser to fix this issue.
We all are aware that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the most commonly used browsers. You can refer the below steps to update the browsers.
How to update Google Chrome browser?
To update Google Chrome browser, refer the below steps.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the Menu icon at the top right corner and click on the option Help.
3. Then, click on About Google Chrome option.
4. Chrome will start checking for updates now.
5. If any updates found, it will install it automatically and prompts the below screen when it is up to date.
Close and reopen your browser. It is up to date now.
How to update Mozilla Firefox browser?
To update Firefox browser on your computer, refer the below steps.
- Launch Firefox browser on your computer.
- Click on the Menu option at the top right corner and click on Options.
3. Now, scroll down and locate the Firefox Updates section. Click on Check for updates option.
4. If any updates found, it will detect and install automatically.
Now, your Firefox browser is up to date. Try to open the websites that were prompting the 500 Internal Privoxy error. It should work fine now. If the issue remains, you can try disabling the proxy settings on your computer. To perform the same, refer the below steps.
Disable Proxy Settings:
In order to fix the issue with 500 Internal Privoxy error on your computer, you can try disabling the Internet proxy settings. To perform the same, refer the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter. It will open the Internet Properties window.
2. Click on Connections tab and select the option LAN settings.
3. Uncheck the option Use a Proxy server for your LAN.
4. Click on OK and then close the Internet Properties window.
Launch your browser and check if the websites opening fine. It should work fine this time.
I hope that the above resolution steps helps you to fix the issue with 500 Internal Privoxy error while browsing. If you need any further assistance, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.