Google is the familiar and top search engine in the Internet world. Not only the search engine, Google also provides different services to its users like Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive etc. With its significant features, Google always stand on the top position. Users encountered an issue with cookies while browsing Google related websites. The error appears as We’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings.
The error message appears as:
We’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings.
The error message appears when you try browsing the websites like Google, YouTube, Gmail and other Google related services. Not only in the Google Chrome browser, we observed this issue in the other browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera etc.
If you are facing the issue with We’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings on your browser, this guide helps you to fix the issue and let the web pages open properly without any errors.
How to fix error we’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings?
The resolution to fix the issue with we’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings is quite simple. As stated in the error message, clearing or deleting the cookies in the browser helps you to resolve the error message.
As we found this issue in all the available browsers, we have provided the steps to clear the cookies from the most popular browsers.
How to clear cookies from Internet Explorer browser:
To clear cookies from Internet Explorer browser, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on your keyboard to open RUN window, type inetcpl.cpl and hit enter. It will open the Internet Properties window.
2. In the General tab, click on Delete button.
3. Check mark the option Cookies and website data and click on Delete.
After that, on the Internet properties screen, click on Apply and then OK.
Now, check if the Google websites opening fine on your computer. It should work fine.
Clear cookies on Google Chrome:
To clear cookies on Google Chrome browser, refer the below steps.
- Launch Google Chrome browser.
- Click on Menu button at the top right corner, select More Tools and click on Clear browsing data. You can open this same window using the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+Del.
3. Now, check mark the options Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files then click on Clear data.
This will clear all the cookies from your Google Chrome browser and it should open the webpages without any errors.
How to clear cookies from Mozilla Firefox:
You can refer the below steps to clear cookies from Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Launch Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click on the Menu button at the top right corner and click on Options.
3. On your left hand side, click on Privacy & Security. Search and locate Cookies and Site data and click on the option Manage Data.
4. In the Manage cookies and site data window, select the option Remove All and click on Save changes.
5. After that, you can see the below prompt. Click on Clear Now.
This is how you can clear the cookies from your Firefox browser. After this, try opening the Google websites. It should work fine from now on.
Clear cookies from Opera browser to fix error we’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings:
If you are using Opera as the default browser on your computer, you can refer the below steps to clear cookies.
- Launch Opera browser.
- Click on Opera icon at the top left corner and select the option Settings. You can also open this using the shortcut key Alt+P.
3. Expand Advanced option, select Privacy & Security. Scroll down and click on the option Clear browsing data.
4. Select the time rang to All time. Check mark the options cookies and other site data, cached images and files then click on Clear data.
This will clear the cookies from Opera browser. Close the browser and relaunch it. Try browsing the websites. It should work fine this time.
I hope the above troubleshooting steps helps you to fix the issue with We’ve detected a problem with your cookie settings while browsing. If you are browsing any other browser, do let us know in comments. We shall share the instructions to clear cookies from that browser.