Sometimes, you may come across the error 1079 when you try to start some Services in Windows computer and the error appears as Error 1079: The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.
The issue occurs with one or more services. It is mostly seen with the services like Windows Time, Windows Event Log, Windows Firewall services. These Services fail to start prompting the error and is most commonly seen in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 and Vista Operating System.
Why the error 1079 occurs while starting the service?
Error 1079 while starting few services occur if the service is started by the Local System account instead of the Local Service account (NT AUTHORITY\LocalService). The Local System may have insufficient permissions to start the service.
How to fix the 1079 error on your computer?
In order to fix this issue, we need to ensure that the service is being started by the Local System account instead of the Local Service account. To do that, follow the below resolution steps.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window. Type Services.msc and hit enter to open Services Window.
2. Locate Windows Time service and double click on it to open.
3. Click on Log on Tab and under This account, type NT AUTHORITY\LocalService and leave the password fields blank.
4. Click on Apply and then OK.
5. In case of the Windows Firewall Service, repeat the same step for the Base Filtering Engine service as well. This service manages the Firewall and Internet Protocol Security.
Now, you will be able to start all the services, which were prompting the error 1079 before. If you need any further help, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.