Whenever you are going make any changes on your computer, like installing a program, making changes in the System Registry, it is recommended to Create a System Restore point. If something goes wrong during the troubleshooting, you can Restore your computer back to previous working state. What if the System Restore prompts the error 0x80070005.
Sometimes, during the installation of some applications or any Windows Updates, an automatic point will be created. This is not the same in all the cases. There will be cases that we need to create the System Restore point manually. Most users while creating the System Restore point in Windows 10 computers reported this error and this error appears as below.
The restore point could not be created for the following reason:
Access is denied. (0x80070005)
Please try again.
As it is mentioned in the error message, “Access is denied.” It seems that the issue has occurred due to some permission issue. If you are facing this error on your computer while creating the System Restore point, follow the below resolution steps and fix them.
How to fix Restore point could not be created, Access is denied error 0x80070005?
Perform the below resolution steps to fix the issue with the System Restore point could not be created error 0x8007005.
- Press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window. Type SYSDM.CPL and hit enter. It will open the System Properties window.
2. Go to System Protection tab and select the option Configure.
3. Under Restore Settings, select the option Disable system protection. Click on Apply and then click on OK.
4. Now, launch Windows Explorer. Click on View > Options > Change folder and search options.
5. In the Folder options window, go to View tab; uncheck the option Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Click Apply and then OK.
6. Go to the C drive and enable hidden items. Right click on System Volume Information and select the option Properties.
7. On the Properties window, go to Security tab and click on Advanced options.
8. In the Advanced Security Settings, click on Continue option.
9. Click on Change next to the Owner option.
10. Now, in the check for names option, type Everyone and click OK. Click on Apply and then OK.
11. The System Volume Information folder will get the full access now.
12. Now, go to the System Protection window (Refer Step 3), select the option Turn on system protection. Click on Apply and then OK.
You can now try to create a System Restore point. It should work fine without any error 0x8007005.
I hope that the above troubleshooting steps helps you to fix the issue with the System Restore point could not be created. Access is denied, error 0x80070005. If you need any assistance on your computer issues, do comments below. We are happy to assist you.