Microsoft Windows has most users than Apple Mac users around the world. However the choice of operating systems depends on user’s requirement. Users like – graphics designers, musicians, and programmers most probably choose mac computers as it renders and process the tasks quicker than any other computers. Also Apple doesn’t compromise with the quality, security, design, and support, I can say they are the best. When you have several benefits in mac, why you need to install Windows on Mac computer? Let me elaborate the question and simplify the answer for you. If you are a computer game lover, you could understand the Windows operating system requirement on Mac computers. Yes, Apple Mac supports a very few games, it does not allow you to download your favorite game, when Windows gives you power. You love games but you have only Mac computer? No worries, this guide will show you how to install Windows operating system on mac computer. This simple steps can convert your Mac into Windows computer. Good luck.
How to Install Windows on Mac computer.
In Windows architecture, you need a bootable drive to install operating system. At start up you just go to BIOS and select bootable drive and install operating system, where Mac doesn’t have BIOS, it support UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) firmware interface. We will explain you about BIOS and UEFI in our next article. In this guide let me show you Best Methods to Install Windows on Mac computers.
Before proceed further make sure you are ready with below:
- Windows 10 ISO file.
- USB Flash Drive
- 8 GB or larger
- Create Bootable Windows installation disk
- Store boot camp files/drivers
- At least 40 GB space on Mac Computer.
- Backup your data on external drive.
Method 1: Install Windows using Boot Camp Assistant.
Boot Camp is a utility that comes with your Mac and lets you switch between macOS and Windows. Download your copy of Windows 10, then let Boot Camp Assistant walk you through the installation steps.
1) Download Windows Operating system ISO image from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10.
2) Configure Boot Camp Assistant – Click on Finder windows > Applications > Utilities >Boot Camp Assistant. Or Type as Boot Camp Assistant on search bar
3) Click on Continue on Boot Camp – Introduction windows.
4) Select Tasks on Boot Camp Task Windows.
- Create a Windows 10 or later install disk – Boot Camp Assistant can use a USB flash drive or an external USB drive to create an install disk from a Windows 10 ISO image file. There are various ways to acquire the ISO image file of Windows, but the easiest is to simply download the image file directly from Microsoft.
- Download the latest Windows support software from Apple – With this option, your Mac downloads the latest Windows 10 drivers and supporting software that allows Windows to work with your Mac’s hardware. The support software will be copied to the USB flash drive you are using for the Windows 10 install disk.
- Install Windows 10 or later version – This option will either create a Windows partition on your Mac’s start up drive or allow you to remove a Windows partition, if one is already present. The actual name of this option will change if you already have a Windows partition on your Mac to Remove Windows 10 or later version.
5) Check 3 tasks, insert flash drive and click on Continue. Enter the user password if prompted.
6) On Create partition windows – create partition by dragging it. Or Just click on Divide equally.
7) After the partition is created, click on Install, you just sit back and relax. Your mac will reboot and start installing Windows operating system on your computer, make sure you close all applications and save your data.
8) Go through Windows configuration on screen instructions to complete the installation.
9) Once the Windows installation is completed Boot Camp assistant will automatically open or you can manually navigate USB drive which is created before > open BootCamp folder > click on Setup.
Note: Boot Camp Installer will automatically download and install required drivers also you can manually install driver from driver’s folder on USB Windows installer drive.
10) Click on Next and follow on screen instructions. Boot Camp Installer may take few minutes to download and install drivers.
11) To switch back to OS, right click on Boot Camp icon from task bar – click restart in OS X.
Refer Video Tutorial – Install Windows on Mac Computers.
Method 2: Install Windows on Mac using UEFI USB Windows bootable.
You can make any USB flash as UEFI bootable drive, and install Window directly on Mac operation system. To do that.
1) Download and execute Rufus developer’s website and install it.
To create a UEFI bootable Windows installation flash drive with Rufus, you have to make the following settings:
- Drive: Select the USB flash drive you want to use
- Partitioning scheme: Select GPT Partitioning scheme for UEFI here
- File system: Here you have to select NTFS
- Create a bootable drive with ISO image: Select the corresponding Windows ISO
- Create extended description and symbols: Tick this box
- The UEFI USB stick is automatically created by clicking Start. Source.
2) Once UEFI Windows bootable drive is created. Plug in it to Mac drive.
3) Reboot the Mac computer, hold options key and click on UEFI Windows installation drive. Follow on screen instructions to complete the installation.
Note: This method is not recommended as you may need to download drivers manually and install them. Always use the method 1. However you can download Boot Camp drivers manually from Apple Website.
That’s it. That’s it. Hope this methods help you to download, install or update drivers for unknown hardware’s on Windows 10 computer. Kindly comment or you can visit WWW.ERRORKART.COM – Call +91 888 458 6666, for further support.