Internet Explorer browser is the most popular browser that comes by default in Windows Operating System. Most of the Windows Users use Internet Explorer as the default browser in their computer. Even after installing the other browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari etc. users prefer Internet Explorer. When the user is completely dependent on a particular browser, if the browser starts working wired, you can try to reset Internet Explorer to get it work back to normal.
Microsoft release the browser updates very often. The latest version of the Internet Explorer browser is Internet Explorer 11. When there is a new update coming up in Microsoft, it is installed through Windows Updates. Internet Explorer 11 comes by default in Windows 10 computers. If the browser is not working properly, you can try to reset the browser and check if that works fine.
How to reset Internet Explorer browser?
Follow the below resolution steps to reset Internet Explorer browser in your computer.
- Launch Internet Explorer browser, click on Tools icons at the top right corner and click on the option Internet Options.
2. Suppose, if you are unable to launch Internet Explorer, press Windows logo + R keys on keyboard to open RUN window, type inetcpl.cpl and press enter to open Internet Properties.
3. On the Internet Properties window, click on Advanced tab.
4. In Advanced tab, click on Restore advanced settings and then click on Reset option.
5. It will launch the Internet Explorer Settings. Check mark the option Delete personal settings and click on Reset.
Note: Ticking the option Delete personal settings may delete all the bookmarks and browser history. So, recommend you make a backup of all the bookmarks before proceeding with this.
6. It will prompt the below screen after the reset. Click on Close and then launch the Internet Explorer browser.
Note: If you find Internet Explorer is not installed in your computer, you can download it from this link.
After resetting the Internet Explorer, the browser should work fine. Therefore, if you still face the issue after resetting the browser, then it may need further troubleshooting steps. If you need further help, do comments below.